By Kim Perry, TRUST President
The years go by so much faster now than when I was a child. Is it because each year holds countless moments that build upon one another, growing more robust – appearing larger, faster – over time?
The passage of time consists of numerous small steps that lead toward great things. That’s certainly been true of the path of the Women’s Health Leadership TRUST since its inception in the 1970s. The work of individuals and the collective whole of our members created the TRUST’s journey. Together, we continuously built the TRUST for the benefit of all, and we’re still shaping the organization today.
Last year, our theme was “Leading the Way. Your Path. Our Journey.” That focus will endure in 2023 with three core areas:
- Adapting to our membership and their changing needs. We understand the new way of working and what our members want in today’s environment.
- Executing our value propositions to members and sponsors. We’re ready for more in-person events and building a future for the TRUST that members and sponsors will find exciting.
- Creating a sustainable organization focused on best practices.
There’s a great deal of work behind each of these initiatives. Just a few ways we’ll achieve our goals are:
- Creating centers of excellence to simplify our work and streamline planning.
- Assessing how we support our board, volunteers and members with resources, insights and offerings.
- Holding a lens on IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access) in everything we do.
- Continuing to offer exceptional programming and events like the Forum this spring and Well-being Retreat in the fall.
2023 marks the start of another new year and another opportunity to create something amazing. We’re excited to continue our journey together to discover how we can further develop ourselves, the health care industry and all women leaders in the field.
I’m thrilled to serve as this year’s TRUST President, working alongside a remarkable board and conscientious volunteers – all for our incredible members. I know 2023 will bring many rewarding moments for us to share. Here is to yesterday’s achievements and tomorrow’s bright future!
Kim Perry serves as the 2023 TRUST President and is a health care consultant, board member and advisor to various organizations. Kim is passionate about women in leadership and was honored as Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal’s 2020 Women in Business. She is also dedicated to improving access to high-quality health care for the underserved. Kim was recently Board Chair of Neighborhood Health Source, a federally qualified health center.